Things to do in Whitby!
The Fox’s Den is located in an area of outstanding beauty in the Esk Valley in Whitby. In only five minutes you can walk down to the river esk where you can relax, feed the local ducks and if you are lucky see the otters playing, and occasionally seals. The area is well known for bird watching and its natural beauty. You can also view the Steam trains on their way in and out of Whitby. The Fox’s Den is an ideal location for couples and families on holiday. We are a dog friendly holiday home and also have 4 secure bike locking places for couples and families with bikes.
10 Things to do in Whitby!
- Canoe on or walk or cycle by the Esk River
- Cycle or walk on the Cinder Track
- Walk down to Whitby Pier
- Visit Whitby Abbey
- Take your dog out to Sandsend Beach or Whitby Beach
- Walk up the 199 Steps for a great view of Whitby
- Visit Runswick Bay and find some fossils
- Pop up the coast to Staithes (Captain Cook’s Museum)
- Visit one of the great Whitby Museums
- Go for a trip in a boat from Whitby Harbour
Dog Friendly Holiday Accommodation in Whitby
The Fox’s Den is a dog friendly holiday cottage located in an area of outstanding beauty in the Esk Valley in Whitby. There are lots of dog friendly cafes and restaurants in Whitby including Beckett’s cafe, Humble pie n mash, Black horse pub, and Endeavour pub. Dogs are also welcome into St Mary’s Church (at the top of the 199 Steps) and on Harry Collett’s ghost walk. Whitby is generally a very dog-friendly holiday location.
Ready to Book?
Make an enquiry for a lovely holiday in Whitby!